There’s a real sense of community at the Braddon Road allotments in Woodley. Plots are tended by men, women, couples and friends of all ages. With a mix of newcomers and some who have been there for more than 20 years. Elderberry trees and blackberries grow for jam and wine making, vegetables and flowers. The flower growers attend shows and also sell their young flowers. There’s even some cheeky badgers who come to visit and sample some of the produce! Zoe who has a plot on the allotment says ‘Its really community spirited, the fellas helped me rotavate the plot after 6 years being untouched and put up some fencing for me.’
What are people talking about?
Welcome to SK6This site is about positive discussion to improve our local community. We welcome all constructive comments however there are a number of things we won't tolerate discrimination, persecution, bad language, intolerance. Any comments that don't meet the discretion of the editors will be removed.
Recent Posts On Our Site
Most Popular Conversations On The SK6 Siteactivities Advice allotment badgers baskets BBC beauty beer Bredbury Britain in a day business channel 4 Children Christmas christmas fair Christmas Tree Church Churches class community Computer council Facts family FAQ festival flats flowers football Free grow guides guild hall hanging Health help Homelessness housing Introduction Investment Is Woodley Still A Village? life living loan sharks markets Missing cat new business northern rail october Open day operation christmas child panto press Romiley shoeboxes shops sk6 Sports Startpoint St Batnabas st marks stockport stockport express Sure Start survey Tennis Centre things to do Trains transport vegetables video Whats On woodley Woodley Sports Zumba
- RT @NickDixon2: The 6 'c' s: conv'ns, coprod'n, community, collab'n, concrete & cake! Grt coming tog'r. Thks @naomi_smbc @CatDRees @EmmaBay… 5 days ago
- @Alvanleyfp @CatDRees @NickDixon2 @jenniferen @jaweeda_idoo @Altogetherbeter Well done David. You guys are great 😊 5 days ago
- Best example of self kindesss right now - ironed bedsheets! #rak #stockport offers of ironing would be great @feelthinkbehave 6 days ago
- RT @Alvanleyfp: Great turn out again for our Singing for Health at @startpointsk6 here's Harry singing a special request for his fan club!… 6 days ago
- Learning to use cameras is always one of our favourite session #digitalinclusion #stockport #gettingonline https://t.co/4IwepYXJ2V 6 days ago