Stockport Credit Union is coming to Woodley Precinct in July, It will be situated in the Starting Point Cafe on Woodley Precinct, this is a far better way to save and apply for a loan at a cheaper rate than the legalised Rip Off money shops and doorstep lenders and loan sharks, for more details call into the starting point cafe and pick up a leaflet, this is a 100% co-operative that all people should be a member of.
Stockport Credit Union
What are Credit Unions?
Credit Unions are owned and managed by their members. They offer savings and affordable loans, especially when compared to doorstep lenders. Your money has the same protection as money in the bank.
Stockport Credit Union
Stockport Credit Union was formed in December 2005 and offers savings accounts to adults living or working in Stockport. Children can join too.
Why should I open a savings account with Stockport Credit Union?
There are many good reasons for joining Stockport Credit Union:
- You can pay into your account at a local collection point or by standing order.
- Easy and flexible ways to save for whatever you like.
- Free life insurance on savings and loans.*
- Low cost loans available to members who are regular savers.*
- The Credit Union is regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is part of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, so your money is safe.
* Age limits apply
Children can join the Credit Union too. Children aged 0-16 can open a young savers account. They must open the account with an adult who needs to sign for any withdrawals the young saver wants to make. Young savers don’t have to pay an entrance fee, and can open an account with as little as 10p.
How much could you save with Stockport Credit Union?
Amount saved each week £2 £5 £10 £20 Year 1 £104 £260 £520 £1040 Year 2 £208 £520 £1040 £2080 Year 3 £312 £780 £1560 £3120
How do I join?
- Read the ‘How to Join Us’ page on the Stockport Credit Union website
- Complete an application form (downloadable from the ‘How to Join Us’ page)
- Go to a collection point
- Take with you your form, two proofs of identity (one to show who you are, and one to show where you live), £1.20 joining fee and at least £1 to open the account. Young Savers (aged 0 – 16 years old) do not have to pay a joining fee and can open their account with at least 10p. However, a young saver needs to open their account with an adult member – both the adult and the young saver need to provide ID.
How do I pay money in?
There are collection points all over Stockport.
You can also set up a standing order to pay money directly from your bank to your Stockport Credit Union account and some employers will let you pay directly from your wage. Please call the Credit Union on 0161 430 5808 for more information.
For more information on how their services wor, and what benefits you would gain from joining, please see the leaflet below.