Hi had a telephone call today at 14.24 stating it was from Microsoft service team and that my computer hard drive is infected and they have been alerted to this problem and have been instructed by Microsoft head office to assist and help me to remove the problems from my hard drive, I knew at once that this a scam Microsoft do not telephone you and advise you about such matters, the chap said he was called mica or something sounding similar the phone number came up as 0017187455293, Please do not let them talk you into going on to your computer and follow their instructions it will cost you money, either leave the phone and walk away and let them talk to themselves or hang up, they prey mainly on the older generation as well as the younger ones beware
What are people talking about?
Welcome to SK6This site is about positive discussion to improve our local community. We welcome all constructive comments however there are a number of things we won't tolerate discrimination, persecution, bad language, intolerance. Any comments that don't meet the discretion of the editors will be removed.
Recent Posts On Our Site
Most Popular Conversations On The SK6 Siteactivities Advice allotment badgers baskets BBC beauty beer Bredbury Britain in a day business channel 4 Children Christmas christmas fair Christmas Tree Church Churches class community Computer council Facts family FAQ festival flats flowers football Free grow guides guild hall hanging Health help Homelessness housing Introduction Investment Is Woodley Still A Village? life living loan sharks markets Missing cat new business northern rail october Open day operation christmas child panto press Romiley shoeboxes shops sk6 Sports Startpoint St Batnabas st marks stockport stockport express Sure Start survey Tennis Centre things to do Trains transport vegetables video Whats On woodley Woodley Sports Zumba
- RT @NickDixon2: The 6 'c' s: conv'ns, coprod'n, community, collab'n, concrete & cake! Grt coming tog'r. Thks @naomi_smbc @CatDRees @EmmaBay… 5 days ago
- @Alvanleyfp @CatDRees @NickDixon2 @jenniferen @jaweeda_idoo @Altogetherbeter Well done David. You guys are great 😊 5 days ago
- Best example of self kindesss right now - ironed bedsheets! #rak #stockport offers of ironing would be great @feelthinkbehave 6 days ago
- RT @Alvanleyfp: Great turn out again for our Singing for Health at @startpointsk6 here's Harry singing a special request for his fan club!… 6 days ago
- Learning to use cameras is always one of our favourite session #digitalinclusion #stockport #gettingonline https://t.co/4IwepYXJ2V 6 days ago